Saturday, December 22, 2007

December 22, 2207

Thank you for coming to our abbreviated version of our trip to Mamelodi, South Africa (SA). I have told some of our story here, start reading at the bottom and work forward.

It has been hard to discuss our trip in short snippets during phone conversations, get togethers or parties. This does not reflect our excitement or enthusiasm to share though!! The topic is very serious and personal to us, too intimate to gloss over, yet too amazing not to share in some way. Jim and I are open to talking with anyone more about our trip, so just give us a buzz and we can have you over for some dinner and show you all our pictures!!

We are changed by what we experienced and hope to always remember how fortunate we are to live in the US, have healthy children and a loving community. We are fortunate for friends and family who supported us financially, physically and spiritually. (THANK YOU SO MUCH, again and again!!)

I am continuing my assistance on the IT team. The goal is to establish an online tutoring with SA students. My background as a teacher has given me invaluable skills that I hope to utilize for building an educational partnership with Mamelodi. I will continue this blog for the updates, so bookmark if you want to check out. And I hope to continue raising money through Network for Good on:
www.gomamelodi.org

Big dreams would be raising money for another personal trip, my new SA friends to visit the US, and expanding the computer system started in SA. Say prayers for me, they do work, see Gladys story below!!

No comments: